How to create a webinar? In short, you need to choose a webinar topic and a webinar format, then pick a webinar software platform, create the registration page, produce the content, send the invitations, and promote your webinar on the social media channels or your blog.
Sounds complicated to create such an online event? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Read this article and learn how to create an awesome webinar in just a few steps!
Given that the number of people working from home has significantly increased in the last 2 years, it makes much more sense to pitch potential clients through social media or a live webinar.
Even if you’re in a different time zone, viewers can access your content long after its recording.
In this article, WebinarSofwareHub will show how to create a webinar, and we will go through some of the best practices.
How To Create A Webinar?
Creating a webinar can be easy, but you need to take care of these steps:
First, choose your webinar topic. It should be informative and able to generate interest among your target audience. Go through your social media or your website, do the research and find out what are questions your target demographic asks the most. This way, you will be able to keep your audience engaged.
Then, choose your webinar format:
- You can make a presentation with PowerPoint slides and audio running in the background. This format will be great for a small audience.
- If you are an expert in the webinar topic, you can make a webinar in a form of an interview or panel discussion, during which you can discuss the topic with your audience, answer their questions, etc.
- If your goal is to promote your product or service, then you should create a product webinar. It will allow you to demonstrate how your product works, or what your service does.
Next, pick a webinar software/webinar tool to host your webinar. A good webinar platform will help you create an amazing webinar and even save it as a webinar recording. You can choose from many options: Zoom, Webex, Google Meets, Google Hangouts, Teams, WebinarJam, and many others!
Once you chose a platform, you need to create a registration page, which is basically a landing page where your audience will sign up.
Now create the content! Be creative, make sure to give as much information as possible, but don’t overdo it! Your audience should be able to follow your webinar.
Send the invitations to everyone in your audience. You can do it via email, social media, or the chatting application you use for communication with your audience.
If you want to get more attendees, make sure to promote your upcoming webinar through your own social media channels, your blog post, paid ads, etc.
Before you go live with your webinar, make sure to do a test run. This way, you will be able to notice if there is a problem with your webinar before it is too late.
How To Create A Webinar In Google Meet?
- Simply log in to your Gmail account, and choose the “Start a meeting” option in the sidebar on the left side.
- Choose the “Join now” option.
- Then, click on the “Add people” button, which will enable you to add people from your mailing list or to add new emails.
- You can also choose “Copy joining info” and send it in the chat, as an SMS, or through email.
How To Create A Webinar In Zoom?
To host webinars in Zoom, you will need to pay for a Pro, Business, or Enterprise plan.
- Log in to your Zoom account.
- Choose “Schedule my webinar”.
- Choose the name and description from your webinar.
- Set the date, time, and duration.
- Save your webinar and copy the URL to send it as an invite to the attendees.
How To Create A Webinar Presentation?
- Research the subject of your presentation.
- Define the outline of the presentation.
- Create the template for your webinar presentation.
- Choose your visuals.
- Proofread the whole presentation.
- Rehearse the presentation.
How To Create A Webinar In Teams?
- Log in to your Teams account.
- From your Calendar, select New Meeting -> Webinar.
- Select Require Registration, and then the audience you want.
- Add the webinar title, the names of presenters, and the attendance time for the presenters. You can add notes for the presenters.
- Add the webinar title and the attendance time for the attendees. Here you can also include short descriptions of the webinar, biographies of the presenters, and even upload an image that will be the banner graphic.
- Copy registration link to use it in the invites.
- Save the registration form.
- Send the invites to presenters and organizers.
How To Create A Webinar For Free?
Hosting webinars doesn’t have to be expensive, you can actually do it without spending a dime! As you could see so far, there are many free webinar tools that you can use without spending money. Of course, if your webinar requires special options, such as a high number of attendees, you will probably need to purchase a plan that covers such options.
How To Create A Webinar Template In Zoom?
Once you create a Zoom webinar, you can choose to save it as a template for future webinars. Simply click on the “Save as a Template” option, choose the name for the template, and save it for future use.
How To Create A Webinar Link?
No matter which webinar platform you choose, after you create your webinar, a webinar link will be generated and you will have the option to copy the URL and sent it to the attendees.
How To Create A Webinar Registration Page Zoom?
Once you choose the “Schedule My Webinar” option, and you choose the date, time, and title of your webinar, you will be able to create a webinar registration page under the “Invite Attendees” option. Here you will be able to choose whether your attendees will need to register via a form, or they register by simply entering their names and email information.
How To Create A Webinar Course?
To create a webinar course, you need to research the topic if you aren’t familiar enough with that subject. Once you’ve done enough research, create content for your webinar (audio, video, images, and slides.
Next, choose the format of your webinar course and the webinar tool you plan to use. Then, follow the instructions from the paragraphs above and create your webinar!
How Do I Create A Free Webinar?
If you want to create a webinar that will be free for both you and your attendees, use Teams or Google Meet. If you want to use Zoom, be aware that you will need to pay to be able to create a webinar.
Create a Business Goal
The first thing to consider is what you want to accomplish with this webinar. This will have a direct impact on the subject matter, webinar topic, webinar format, and the way you will promote your webinar.
Nowadays, most companies create these events to generate new leads. During the presentation, you can talk about the brand’s products and services, but also turn attention to your business model.
The main reasons for creating actionable webinar goals is so you can:
- Create a direction
- Measure webinar success
- Motivate and align team members
- Simplify management and monitoring
- Compare webinars with similar goals
Keep in mind that a lot of people cannot differentiate between goals and objectives. While these two might seem the same, there are some major differences between them.
To be more specific, a webinar goal refers to the main intent behind a webinar. Webinar objectives are used to describe specific results that you want to achieve.
While goals are more of guidelines, the objectives can be measured and analyzed. So, if you set up proper goals, you are more likely to achieve the objectives.
For example, a goal of a webinar can be to provide actionable tips and tricks on a specific topic. That way, you can set yourself up as a thought leader.
The objective of that same webinar would be to achieve an 80% satisfaction rate. In other words, the only way people will start perceiving you as a thought leader is if you achieve these high marks during a webinar.
Among others, companies often utilize webinars to achieve goals such as sales increase, specific conversion rate, growing an email list, and so on.
If a company doesn’t set up proper goals beforehand, it will be very hard to execute the event. You might struggle with things such as choosing the right topic, the right webinar format, and so on.
Nowadays, most companies focus on how to create a webinar, while forgetting the other important aspects. As a result, they are ultimately unable to grow their business through webinars.
Go Over Webinar Statistics
In order to analyze webinar performance and to set up proper expectations, you will have to go through webinar statistics. They will also give you a helping hand in case you are still wondering if you should host a webinar or not. Keep in mind that this data can help you before and after creating a webinar.
According to statistics, here are some of the things that webinars can help you achieve:
- These events are more engaging than some other types of content. An average participant will watch a webinar for 57 minutes. This is the golden number that your events need to reach. Every minute above that is gravy.
- Perhaps the best thing about these events is that they can guide a potential customer throughout their journey. As a result, webinars should provide much higher conversion rates compared to all other marketing channels. In fact, this is the main reason why they have become popular in the last few years. If your webinars are not your best-selling tool, you might want to rethink your strategy and improve their quality.
- Not only do webinars bring in leads, but they should also bring in high-quality leads. By the end of a successful webinar, a host should be able to sell their products to 2% to 5% of the audience. Even if you don’t sell on the spot, you can do so by collecting engagement and lead data and sending it to your sales team.
- Webinars are a great way to teach the audience something new about the product or service. Studies show that 30% of attendees will feel more engaged if they learn various things during the event. This is why your focus should be on providing new information. Companies that are able to teach their participants usually end up with higher conversion rates.
- In the last 2 years, the conversion rates of webinars have increased significantly. Besides increased sales numbers, the number of registrant-to-attendee also increased by 61%. If your numbers are below that, you should try to increase them by sending reminder emails and providing other incentives to registrants that ultimately decide to join the event.
Pick a Webinar Software
As you probably know, most companies use Zoom to connect with their audience, but that might not be enough, as it lacks a lot of features that you could get with a webinar platform.
Great platforms are WebinarJam or Livestorm, What’s even better is that most of this webinar software is completely free to get started, allowing small entrepreneurs to create their first webinar without having to invest a dime.
In order to choose the ideal webinar platform, you will have to consider your goals and objectives. How many people do you want to attract, and what would be a suitable sales conversion? If you don’t make sales, could you still consider it a successful event? If buying a webinar tool subscription would increase your profits, would this be a worthwhile purchase?
The last and biggest question is whether this software is actually suitable for the type of webinar that you wish to create? How many people can participate with this tool, and does it have extra features such as chat and Q&A?
Prepare the Equipment
Finding the right equipment and space can have a major impact on the quality of webinars. Small teams and entrepreneurs often neglect this factor and then, they’re confused as to why their events are not performing as they should.
First off, you need to find a space where you will be fully isolated. During the time of the pandemic, we’ve seen numerous bloopers where people get interrupted by their dogs and cats. While this might seem funny if you’re a news company, it will seem very unprofessional for a webinar host. As a result, such interruption will lead to lower conversion rates
The best place for hosting these events is in conference rooms. If you get a green screen, you can create them in almost any larger room. Keep in mind there shouldn’t be background noise or anything else that would interrupt the streaming.
Of course, you will also need top-notch equipment to stay professional. Things such as a great microphone, camera, and a computer will be crucial during these presentations. Headset microphones and landlines can provide one major benefit: they can’t be cut off during the conference call.
As dumb as this might sound, make sure that your laptop is fully charged. I’ve seen several cases where people completely ruined their webinars due to this mistake. Furthermore, make sure to have a spare, charged laptop if anything goes wrong with your computer during the webinar. You will also need all the same presentation data on this spare PC.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to determine how much money you need to spend. Most companies try to cheapskate it with the equipment, and it comes back to bite them. The best thing you can do is to create a few webinars with low-tier or, even better, borrowed equipment. If you manage to reach your objectives and it seems that webinars can become a powerful marketing tool for your organization, then go ahead and invest some money in proper equipment that will provide even better results.
Prepare Your Presentation
If you never spoke in a microphone or in front of a large audience, it is normal to have jitters. The best way to overcome this issue is by practicing and doing more and more of these events.
There is one additional trick to improve the experience of the audience from your live event – a presentation or slide deck.
Among others, experience is very important for creating the right type of presentation. As previously mentioned, entrepreneurs should provide new and interesting information to the participants. But, they also need to ensure that the attendees are engaged throughout. Nowadays, webinar hosting platforms and apps provide lots of virtual solutions that will help you create an interactive experience for your viewers.
All these tools and gadgets will add to the engagement level. But, you also need to find the right topic to talk about. The safest bet is going with the popular, trendy topic. But, going with a more obscure, niche presentation can allow you to reach an audience that you couldn’t have otherwise.
Before creating a presentation, you will also need to ask yourself, what kind of webinar should it be, what kind of webinar content will I show? Is it a PowerPoint presentation where you go through various data, or will it be an interactive Q&A panel?
Always bear in mind that different types of content usually require different preparation and proficiency. For example, PowerPoint presentations are pretty easy as they allow you to go through things uninterrupted all the while reading from a premade script. Q&A is much harder because you will need to know a lot about the topic and to be certain that your responses are the right ones.
When creating live discussions, you will need to plan speakers ahead of time and promote them on your social media and website. Make sure to gather all the questions before the start of the webinar, so you can plan the layout of the event.
Get Webinar Landing Page Ready
Everything starts with a promotional post showcasing your webinar. If you met all of these previous requirements, you are ready to set up the webinar landing page.
Although you cannot have a good webinar without proper equipment and content, an event will fail if you are unable to promote it from the get-go. And, the promotional process starts by setting up a visually appealing registration page.
Not only should your landing page be visually appealing, but it also needs to be creative enough to differentiate itself from the competition. Nowadays, a lot of companies rely on webinars as a way of selling their services, so the competition for the audience’s attention is getting tougher by the minute.
Some of the most important things to consider are adding a sign-up form, target keyword, and optimized text. In order to get even better results, you should be able to integrate the landing page with marketing tools and forge it into a kind of registration page. That will help you increase the conversion of registrants and place them into lists.
This does not have to be anything too complicated, even a blog post about hosting a webinar will be enough to convert those who are interested.
Promote Your Webinar
The last step of the way is to promote this webinar. You can do this via social media channels, or by sending email invites. If you have long-lasting relationships with some of the potential participants, you might even have their phone numbers, which would provide you with another, more intimate way of getting in touch.
Most webinar hosts will promote their sessions via email. These direct messages are ideal ensuring that everyone learns about the event. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Start by creating automated email reminders. These messages will go to all the prospects who have not yet registered for the event.
- If you had previous contact with a potential attendee, you might send them a more personal message. These emails have exponentially higher conversion rates. Even if a person doesn’t participate, they will appreciate the notion.
- The last thing you need to do is prepare automated emails. These particular emails will be used by sales representatives notifying them that one of their leads has decided to attend the webinar. Then, sales representatives can decide when and how to pitch them.
But that is not all! When making your live webinar, make sure that you know how to record a webinar too!
This will allow you to recycle your webinar for repeated use and promotion through social media and other marketing channels.
When promoting a recorded webinar, you are now not bonded by date and time and can serve your content to attendees anytime so they can watch it when their schedule allows.
Now you know how to create a webinar event! Once you choose the topic and the format of your webinar, you need to choose the webinar software where you will be hosting your webinar. Create your content and create the webinar in the chosen webinar platform. Send the invitations to your attendees and promote your webinar on social media. Don’t forget to proofread and test your webinar before presenting it to your audience.
Follow these tips and you will make a successful webinar in no time!
How to create a webinar FAQ
In the section below are some of the most frequently asked questions that will help you to create a webinar.
How do I create a free webinar?
Head to my free webinar software post and get yourself a platform that will handle a free webinar for you.
How do you plan a webinar step by step?
The steps to take to host a webinar are explained in this post or you can also check my post on how to host a webinar.
How do I make and sell a webinar?
You start by picking a webinar platform, then by creating a presentation and driving traffic to that presentation while taking payments. All these steps are explained in my webinar software section.
What are the materials needed for a webinar?
A well-prepared PowerPoint presentation will be enough to get a webinar ready.